Posted on


Petco apologized Thursday for the death of a dog who was left in a dryer too long during a grooming appointment. The company also fired the workers involved in the incident.

“We take full responsibility for what happened in Midlothian, and remain heartbroken over Colby’s untimely passing,” the company said in a statement sent to USA TODAY Network.

Colby, a 2-year-old golden retriever, died of possible heat stroke after being left in a drying unit for too long at a Petco located in Midlothian, Va., owner Allison Marks told ABC News in an interview Monday. The incident happened on Friday, May 29.

Woman wants justice after dog dies during grooming at Petco

An investigation by Petco found that “animal care protocols” were not followed during Colby’s appointment and the people involved have been let go from the company, according to the statement. Petco also removed the type of dryer used in this case from all store locations.

 

 

This happened to my dog I would seriously have someone’s ass and it would not be pleasant…….

watcha gotta say?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.