Warrant details in Modesto slaughter

An arrest warrant issued for a 30-year-old Modesto man charged in the death of his girlfriend’s son last year — and who is suspected of killing her and four other people last weekend — details what authorities believe happened before Christopher Ripley died.

Among the allegations: day care workers documented previous injuries sustained by the child while he was under the care of Martin Martinez.

Those injuries were detailed in a Ramey warrant issued for the arrest of Martinez, 30, who was found leaving a movie in San Jose with his father about nine hours after five people were found dead inside a home on Nob Hill Court in east Modesto.

The victims were identified as Martinez’s girlfriend Amanda Crews and their 6-month-old daughter Rachael, as well as Crews’ 6-year-old daughter Elizabeth. Martinez’s mother, Anna Brown Romero, and his niece, whose name was not available, were also killed.

Martinez is the only suspect in their killings but has not been charged. He remains incarcerated, however, for the death of 2-year-old Christopher, who sustained a head injury Sept. 30 and died two days later.

The daycare Christopher attended reported he suffered three suspicious injuries around the time the boy began potty training, according to the warrant.

Crews denied Martinez caused the injuries but acknowledged that he was present during two of them.

The most recent injury to Christopher prior to his death consisted of a “through and through puncture wound to the lower lip by a tooth,” reads the warrant.

Crews admitted to investigators that she did not witness the incident but said Christopher tripped just after using the bathroom when his pants were still around his ankles.

Martinez was alone with Christopher when he sustained his fatal head injury in September. Martinez’s story about how Christopher was injured changed several times during the course of the investigation, authorities said.

Martinez told an investigator he was “wrestling” with Christopher after he used the toilet. Martinez said, when he picked Christopher up by the legs and the boy fell backward about three feet, hitting his head on the carpet, according to the warrant.

He told the 911 dispatcher Christopher fell because he “tripped” or “swept” his legs while they were wrestling.

Crews said to investigators that Martinez told her he was “catching” Christopher at the knees and Christopher was laughing. He did it several times until the last when the boy arched his back and fell.

Several other versions of that story were documented in the warrant.

On Thursday, two days before the five bodies were discovered on Nob Hill Court, detectives received verbal notification from a medical expert that she ruled Christopher’s death a homicide.

The expert reported that the “method of death was consistent with Christopher’s head hitting the tile floor as a result of abuse,” reads the warrant.

A Ramey warrant was drafted by investigators following the discovery of the bodies on Nob Hill Court.

A Ramey warrant bypasses prosecutors and goes directly to a judge, as opposed to a standard arrest warrant which is signed by the district attorney’s office and is accompanied by charges.

Modesto Police Chief Galen Carroll said the case against Martinez in the death of Christopher was nearing its completion and an arrest warrant had been written but not signed. The coroner needed to write final report with the expert’s findings.

Martinez would have been arrested in a couple of weeks, Carroll said.

“We jumped this case up based on the verbal notification because we thought it was imperative to get a hold of Mr. Martinez while we complete the investigation in this larger more complex murder,” he said. “There was enough probable cause to go ahead with the arrest.”


If there was enough probable cause to arrest Saturday night, there was enough probable cause to arrest 10 hours earlier and those people would still be alive.
Homicide suspects are usually arrested ASAP when there is probable cause.
And the reasons for that are glaringly obvious
..

Leaked personal data of 37 million clients on cheating website


Hackers threatened to leak details including the credit card information, nude photos and sexual fantasies of as many as 37 million customers of a dating website that caters to cheating spouses, the KrebsOnSecurity blog reported.

The dating website AshleyMadison.com’s Canadian parent, Avid Life Media, confirmed the breach on its systems, and said it had since secured the site and was working with law enforcement agencies to trace those behind the attack.

It disputed a claim made by the hackers, who call themselves The Impact Team, that a “paid delete” function will not remove all information about a member’s profile and communications. Following the breach, Avid Life said in a statement it would offer the function free of charge.

Company officials could not immediately be reached for comment. But in an interview with KrebsOnSecurity, Avid Life Chief Executive Noel Biderman was cited as saying the company suspected someone who had had access to internal networks as being behind the breach.

“It was definitely a person here that was not an employee but certainly had touched our technical services,” he said.

The Impact Team, in a screen grab shown on the KrebsOnSecurity blog, said it had taken over Avid Media systems, including customer databases, source code, financial records and emails.

“Shutting down AM (Ashley Madison) and EM (Established Men) will cost you, but non-compliance will cost you more,” the hackers said. Established Men is an affiliated website.

The hackers leaked snippets of the compromised data online and warned that they would release customers’ real names, profiles, nude photos, credit card details and “secret sexual fantasies” unless AshleyMadison and EstablishedMen.com are taken down, Krebs said.

Ashley Madison, which uses the slogan “Life is short. Have an affair,” has been planning to raise up to $200 million through an initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange.

“We apologise for this unprovoked and criminal intrusion into our customers’ information,” Avid Life said.

Unauthorised posts and images on the website detailing the hacker’s demands have since been removed.

The breach comes about two months after dating site Adult FriendFinder was compromised. That site has an estimated 64 million members.

Explain that one to the other half……..

Suspect in Modesto homicides faces charges in October death of 2-year-old boy


Police say the man suspected in the weekend deaths of his girlfriend, their infant daughter and three other family members in a Village I home is facing a murder charge in the October death of his girlfriend’s 2-year-old boy.

Martin “Marty” Martinez, 30, was arrested early Sunday in San Jose after driving there from Modesto, according to authorities. He is being held without bail in Santa Clara County’s Main Jail South Complex on what is called a Ramey warrant in the Oct. 2 death of 2-year-old Christopher Ray Ripley.

Modesto Police Chief Galen Carroll said Monday that police have no reason to believe Martinez knew late last week that police were closing in on him in their investigation of the boy’s death and ahead of the weekend’s carnage.

Modesto police released the names of the two women who died Saturday: Dr. Amanda Crews, 38, and Martinez’s mother, Anna Brown Romero, 57. Friends and family have said Crews’ two daughters, 6-year-old Elizabeth and 6-month-old Rachael, were among the victims. Crews and Martinez were the parents of Rachael. Carroll said the fifth victim is believed to be Martinez’s 5-year-old niece. Her name was not available.

Officers discovered the bodies Saturday afternoon in a Nob Hill Court home, just north of Floyd Avenue and Lincoln Oak Drive, in the middle-class Village I subdivision. Officers were at the home after receiving a request for a security check. A friend grew concerned after Crews and her daughter failed to meet them after they had made plans. Carroll said detectives believe the women and children were slain Saturday. But he declined to release other details to safeguard the investigation.

Christopher was Crews’ son from her marriage to Timothy Ripley. Their divorce became final in October. Carroll said that at the time of Christopher’s death, Martinez, Crews, her daughter Elizabeth and the boy were living together in a Pasadena Lane home.

Martinez was home alone with Christopher when the boy suffered a head injury Sept. 30, according to the warrant. The warrant states Martinez said he had been wrestling with Christopher when the boy was injured. Carroll said Christopher was admitted to a Modesto hospital with a head injury and then transferred to Valley Children’s Hospital in Madera, where he died.

Chief: Department ‘did not drop the ball’

Carroll said detectives have been investigating Christopher’s death and consulting with prosecutors. He said police received a verbal report late last week from a medical expert who concluded the boy’s death was a homicide. Carroll was asked at a Monday news conference whether the police had dropped the ball last week by not arresting Martinez then in Christopher’s death.

“Absolutely not,” he said. “The Modesto Police Department did not drop the ball. There has to be enough time to file a case. We had received a verbal indication Thursday and not the final report.”

He added at the news conference that it took time to find a qualified medical expert to review the boy’s death, and there was no indication or warning of the weekend’s carnage. While police have reported that Crews and Martinez were no longer a couple at the time of her death, Carroll said in an interview that it appeared the two were still together.

Carroll said Martinez had been living with Crews and the children at the Nob Hill Court home until a couple of months ago when he had to move out because of a protective order issued by Child Protective Services regarding Christopher’s death. Carroll said Crews was supportive of Martinez and that police had not been to the house on domestic violence calls. Martinez’s mother apparently had been living at the home.

Make no mistake about this the police dept. fell out of bed on this one. My Past experience knows whenever there is information on a homicide it is followed up on immediately and it does not wait.

Whatever information they had to arrest him on Saturday they had the same information on Thursday or Friday, If they had done their jobs 5 people would still be alive today…….


Dipshits of the day: Thieves steal ATM machine, but………

Dipshits of the day: Thieves steal ATM machine, but………


Snohomish County authorities say two thieves suspected of stealing an ATM machine from a business made it as far as the parking lot, but the machine fell out of the getaway van.

Sheriff’s spokeswoman Shari Ireton said Monday that deputies have recovered the ATM machine. They believe two men backed up a white van to a business near Lynnwood at around 11 a.m. Sunday, cut the cables to the ATM and loaded it in to the van.

Deputies believe the machine fell out of the van when the men drove too fast over a speed bump. The suspects drove away without it.

Deputies found the van idling Monday morning. It had been reported stolen from Kent. The van was impounded so deputies could look for evidence.

The stupidity of some of these guys amazes me still. They commit a major Felony and do not think it through enough to keep the machine on the vehicle. Good thing people like this are not planning the next mission to Mars…….

Retro of the day: Pink Floyd

Comfortably Numb” (working title “The Doctor“)[3] is a song by the English rock band Pink Floyd, which first appears on the 1979 double album The Wall. It was also released as a single in 1980 with “Hey You” as the B-side. It is one of only three songs on the album for which writing credits are shared between Roger Waters and David Gilmour. The chorus melody was written by Gilmour while Waters contributed the lyrics and the music for the verses. An early version of the song was included under this title on the “Immersion Box Set” of The Wall, released in 2012.

 

 


The song is one of Pink Floyd’s most famous, and is renowned especially for its guitar solos in the middle and at the end of the song.[4] In 2004, the song was ranked number 314 on Rolling Stonemagazine’s list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.[5] In 2005, it became the last song ever to be performed by Waters, Gilmour, Wright, and Mason together. In 2011, the song was ranked 5th in theBBC Radio 4‘s listeners’ Desert Island Discs[6] choices. The two guitar solos were ranked as the greatest guitar solos of all time by both Planet Rock listeners and WatchMojo.com