Bengals CB Adam Jones fined $35,000 for Week 1 incident
Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam Jones said Wednesday he has been hit by a $35,000 fine from the NFL for an in-game incident in Sunday’s game against the Oakland Raiders.
Per reports, Jones received a fine letter from the NFL for hitting a defenseless player. The incident in question is when Jones and Raiders receiver Amari Cooper were on the ground and Jones took Cooper’s helmet off and pushed Cooper’s head against the back of the helmet.
Facebook user should like this — they might soon have dislike button.
Mark Zuckerberg, founder of the social-network, said Tuesday that a “dislike” button is in the works.
“I think people asked about the dislike button for years. Today is a special day because today is the day I can say we’re working on it,” Zuckerberg announced during a question-and-answer session at Facebook’s headquarters in Menlo Park.
He said the “dislike” button stems from Facebook user wanting “the ability to express empathy” about a particular post, but up until now have not had the option.
“Not every moment is a good moment,” Zuckerberg said, according to Business Insider.
He said the company has been working on the “dislike” button for awhile and hopes to launch it soon.
“It’s surprisingly complicated to make an interaction that will be simple,” Zuckerberg said.
A Sacramento County sheriff’s deputy fired his gun at another uniformed officer early Tuesday morning in Rancho Cordova, according to the department.
At 4:40 a.m., the sheriff’s department received a call from a man who said he was hearing voices taunting him across the street from his apartment on Point East Drive.
When the dispatched officer arrived, he determined the subject to be intoxicated but able to care for himself, creating no threat to himself or others.
As the officer was leaving the apartment into a dimly lit, enclosed stairwell, he saw a darkened figure at the base of the stairwell who he believed was holding a weapon.
The officer fired one shot from his duty weapon at the figure, who turned out to be a second uniformed officer who was responding to provide cover.
The second officer was uninjured as the round missed him and lodged into the stairwell door frame.
The officer who fired his weapon is a 10-year veteran with the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department currently assigned to the Rancho Cordova Police Department.
He has been removed from his enforcement assignment until investigators can develop more information on the circumstances of the shooting and determine what, if any, administrative actions are necessary.
Sacramento County Sheriff holds press conference about the use of Stingrays
Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones is talking to the media Tuesday about radio frequency measurement equipment, also commonly referred to as ‘Stingrays’.
ABC10 reported on the department’s use of Stingrays over the last year. In fact, following ABC10’s reporting of the use of the device, Sacramento County Sheriff’s deputies refused to allow our reporter, Thom Jensen, attend Tuesday’s press conference. He was held at the door, and informed there was a directive from Sheriff Jones not to allow Jensen in.
Earlier this month Sheriff’s Jones announced his department will now ask judges for permission to use the controversial surveillance device. This came just hours after the United States Department of Justice announced that it will require all federal agents to get a court approved search warrant before they use the so-called “cell site simulators.”
Several law enforcement agencies, which use the technology, told ABC10 that their Stingrays only give callers’ GPS locations and show the numbers target phones are calling and receiving.
The Department of Justice policy change on “Stingrays”, which went in effect immediately states, “law enforcement agents must now obtain a search warrant supported by probable cause before using a cell-site simulator.”
It goes on to say, “all data must be deleted as soon as that device is located, and no less than once daily.”
It also clarifies in writing that all, “data contained on the phone itself, such as emails, texts, contact lists and images, may not be collected using this technology.”
In his statement, Jones said his department was already working on new Stingray policies before the DOJ released its changes. In part he said, “our new policy will require judicial authorization specific to the use of the technology before its use.”
Agencies Will now get warrants before using cell site simulators
Jones and the DOJ said they still may use the devices in certain emergency situations like kidnappings and in search and rescue operations.
Previous ABC10 investigations found no mention of a single Stingray or cell site simulator in warrant applications filed with the Sacramento Superior Court.
Well gosh golly, after everyone denying the existence of the Stingrays for so long they are now trying to act like they are public minded and respect people rights and privacy. But they are still going to do what they did before and just deny it like they did before.
But then turn around a deny entrance to the press conference to one of the local reporters. They are such a class act these days.