THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I WILL PUT UP A LIST OF WITNESS’S IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER IN THIS TRIAL
- 4-19-2018: Opening arguments
- April 25, 2018: Tony Kauffman: Korey Kauffman’s father, he noted that Korey Kaufman’s headstone had the wrong date of death on it.
- April 25, 2018: Kevin Pickett: Kevin Pickett insisted the night Korey disappeared was March 29, 2012. Also stated Korey Kauffman had a severe injury to his hand and was not able to recycle during that time. He was using a grinder and the grinding wheel broke going through his hand required major surgery to reattach the top of his hand.
- April 27, 2018: Patrick Hampton: testified the Frank Carson had attempted to hire him to “take care of business” concerning the thefts on his property. He also was asked how it made him feel to have it put on the Internet that he is willing to give information to law enforcement in regard to this case and others.
- May 1, 2018: Steve Duden: private investigator did some work for Frank Carson, District Attorney’s Office is trying to get him to say he put GPS trackers on cars for Frank Carson. He claimed he never did. Immediately treated as a hostile witness.
- May 1, 2018: Allie Hodson Hayes: wife of Jon Hodson, at the time, private investigators and Modesto. Claim to see pictures of GPS trackers on Steve Duden’s phone. Also claims to have a dead rat placed on her porch to send a message.
- May 2, 2018: Jon Hodson: former husband of Allie Hodson Hayes, also claimed Steve Duden said showed pictures on his phone of GPS tracking done for Frank Carson.
- May 3, 2018/May 4, 2018: Linda Sue Burns: Mike Cooley’s sister, called as a witness prior to Jon Hodson finishing his testimony, Marlisa Ferreira, saying she has Medical issues and may not survive long enough to testify if not called out of order. Testified to seeing Korey Kaufman March 30, 2012, though she is not sure about dates. Testified she has never seen Mike Cooley use drugs. Stated the last time he saw Korey Kaufman he was working on his bicycle in the driveway, and said something to the effect was going to the Carson property later on to get some pipes. Did not note any injuries to Korey Kauffman’s hands.
- May 9, 2018/May 10, 2018/May 15, 2018/May 23, 2018: Frank Navarro: Turlock police detective assigned to the task force of Korey Kaufman homicide. Had interviewed the Pickett family, Keith Hobbs, Daljit Atwal. In addition to the infamous visit to Frank Carson’s office.
- May 15, 2018/May 22, 2018: Cesar Sanchez: employed by the DOJ to investigate crime scenes at the suspected properties. Testified no forensic evidence like DNA, fingerprints, or any other type of evidence was located. Also noted cadaver dogs were used and they did not hone in on anything. Searches were done at the Frank Carson property, Pop N Cork, Mariposa County gravesite, and other locations.
- May 23, 2018/May 24, 2018/May 25, 2018: Ricky Cooley: Mike Cooley’s brother. Testified seeing Korey Kaufman at the Cooley house several times throughout the last day, but could not exactly confirm the exact dates, was living in the back-barn area during that period of time. Although testified seeing laser pointers, like off a gun, noted that several people that were in Cooley’s property playing horseshoes.
- May 25, 2018/ May 29, 2018/May 30, 2018/: Eula Keyes: the girlfriend of my Cooley who lived with him at the Lander Avenue house. Stated that Korey Kauffman was at the house that last night, on his phone playing games, and leaves around 10 or 10:30 PM. He stated Korey was going to go to the Carson property to steal some pipes, but when he left, he went in the opposite direction. Also noted that Korey’s bike had remained at their residence for some time then disappeared. Claim she has received no benefits from her testimony in her pending court cases, that were resolved shortly thereafter with credit for time served.
MORE TO FOLLOW