CSPAN EDITOR ADMITS LIE ABOUT TWEET

CSPAN EDITOR ADMITS LIE ABOUT TWEET

C-SPAN political editor Steve Scully suspended after admitting he lied about his Twitter feed being hacked

CSPAN EDITOR ADMITS LIE ABOUT TWEET THEN SUSPENDED

C-SPAN said Thursday that Steve Scully, the network’s senior executive producer and political editor, has been placed on “administrative leave” for lying about being hacked earlier this month.

Scully admitted to “errors in judgement” and apologized in a statement.

And President Trump took a victory lap, proclaiming on Twitter, “I was right again!”

Scully had been selected by the Commission on Presidential Debates to moderate the town hall-style debate that was supposed to take place on Thursday night. It would have been a pinnacle moment for his career. Last week, however, the debate was scrapped after Trump objected to the virtual format imposed by the commission.

While the debate was up in the air, and Trump was criticizing Scully publicly, the C-SPAN veteran sent a tweet to Trump friend-turned-foe Anthony Scaramucci.

SCULLY BAITED BY TRUMP

“@Scaramucci should I respond to trump,” Scully wrote on the evening of October 8, shortly after Trump labeled Scully a “Never Trumper.”

When the strange tweet to Scaramucci went viral the following morning, Scully claimed he was hacked. The commission and C-SPAN both vouched for him.

“Steve Scully did not originate the tweet and believes his account has been hacked,” C-SPAN said in a statement.

Conservative media outlets expressed skepticism about that claim and pointed out that he had used the hacking excuse in the past. Fox News devoted multiple segments to the subject.

Nearly a week later, on Wednesday night, Scully admitted to C-SPAN and the commission that he did send the tweet.

COULDNT TAKE THE SOCIAL MEDIA PRESSURE

“For several weeks, I was subjected to relentless criticism on social media and in conservative news outlets regarding my role as moderator for the second presidential debate, including attacks aimed directly at my family,” Scully said Thursday in a statement.

Some of the social media commentary was about the fact that Scully briefly interned for former Vice President Joe Biden more than forty years ago, when Biden was a senator. Other commentary was much harsher.

“This culminated on Thursday, October 8,” Scully wrote Thursday, “when I heard President Trump go on national television twice and falsely attack me by name. Out of frustration, I sent a brief tweet addressed to Anthony Scaramucci. The next morning when I saw that this tweet had created a new controversy, I falsely claimed that my Twitter account had been hacked. These were both errors in judgement for which I am totally responsible. I apologize.”

Scully asked for the forgiveness of C-SPAN and the commission “as I try to move forward in a moment of reflection and disappointment in myself.”

Mere minutes after The Associated Press broke the news about Scully’s suspension, Trump tweeted, “I was right again! Steve Scully just admitted he was lying about his Twitter being hacked. The Debate was Rigged! He was suspended from @CSPAN indefinitely. The Trump Campaign was not treated fairly by the ‘Commission’. Did I show good instincts in being the first to know?”

Trump is still slated to attend the commission’s final presidential debate of the season, on October 22, with moderator Kristen Welker of NBC.

C-SPAN, beloved by political junkies for its uninterrupted coverage of Washington events, said Scully “understands that he made a serious mistake. We were very saddened by this news and do not condone his actions.”

CSPAN IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED SCULLY

The network said he has been placed on administrative leave “starting immediately,” but also signaled a possible path forward for Scully, one of its best-known hosts.

“During his 30 years at C-SPAN, Steve consistently demonstrated his fairness and professionalism as a journalist,” the network said in a statement. “He has built a reservoir of goodwill among those he has interviewed, fellow journalists, our viewers, and with us.” That’s why, the network said, “after some distance from this episode, we believe in his ability to continue to contribute to C-SPAN.”

Scaramucci, for one, struck a forgiving tone in a Twitter post on Thursday afternoon.

“Brutal outcome for a silly non political tweet,” he said. “Nothing objectionable. Cancel culture going too far.”

HERE IS TRUMPS RESPONSE

DAWG SAYS: I CANNOT SEE ANY REASON WHY TO CLAIM A HACK WITH HIS TWEET, NOT THAT BIG OF AN ISSUE, UNTIL HE LIED.

AND MANY PEOPLE DO USE THAT EXCUSE WHEN THEY POST SOMETHING THEY SHOULD NOT DO.

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING UGLIER AND UGLIER.

THERE ARE SO MANY THAT REFUSE TO REALIZE SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT YOUR FRIEND.



 

ILLINOIS DROPS CHARGES AGAINST KENOSHA KID

ILLINOIS DROPS CHARGES AGAINST KENOSHA KID

Accused Kenosha gunman won’t face charges in Illinois

ILLINOIS DROPS CHARGES AGAINST KENOSHA KID

A 17-year-old accused of killing two protesters days after Jacob Blake was shot by police in Kenosha, Wisconsin, will not face charges in his home state of Illinois, prosecutors said Tuesday.

An investigation revealed the gun used in the Kenosha shooting was purchased, stored and used in Wisconsin, the Lake County State’s Attorney’s Office said. There is no evidence the gun was ever physically possessed by Kyle Rittenhouse in Illinois, it said.

Rittenhouse of Antioch, remains held in a juvenile detention center in Lake County without bond due to pending criminal charges in Kenosha. Rittenhouse is due back in Lake County court on Oct. 30 for an extradition hearing.

His arrest has become a rallying point for some on the right, with a legal defense fund that has attracted millions of dollars in donations. But others see Rittenhouse as a domestic terrorist whose presence with a rifle incited the protesters.

Defense attorneys have portrayed Rittenhouse as a courageous patriot who was exercising his right to bear arms during unrest over the shooting of Blake, who is Black.


 

VP HARRIS CAMPAIGN STOPPED DUE TO COVID

VP HARRIS CAMPAIGN STOPPED DUE TO COVID

Sen. Kamala Harris, the Democratic nominee for vice president, is canceling her campaign travel through Sunday after her communications director and a non-staff flight crew member tested positive for coronavirus.

DAWG SAYS: I WONDER HOW THEY WILL EXPLAIN THIS AFTER BEING SO HARD ON TRUMP


COURT ORDERS REVIEW OF PETERSON CASE

COURT ORDERS REVIEW OF PETERSON CASE

California Supreme Court orders reexamination of Scott Peterson’s murder convictions

The California Supreme Court on Wednesday ordered a trial judge to consider whether Scott Peterson’s convictions for murdering his wife, Laci, and their unborn son should be overturned.

The state’s highest court already overturned Peterson’s death sentence on appeal this year. In a separate petition, Peterson’s lawyers cited an array of reasons the convictions should be overturned as well.

The court agreed that one matter warranted attention: a juror who failed to disclose that she had once feared for her unborn child when being harassed by the ex-girlfriend of her boyfriend.

In a brief order, the court sent the case back to San Mateo County Superior Court to determine whether Peterson should be granted a new trial on the grounds that “Juror No. 7 committed prejudicial misconduct by not disclosing her prior involvement with other legal proceedings, including but not limited to being the victim of a crime.”

THE ISSUE IS THE JUROR CALLED STRAWBERRY SHOTCAKE

Richelle Nice, the juror, failed to disclose that she had obtained a restraining order against her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend for harassing her when she was pregnant.

Initially seated as an alternate, Nice replaced a discharged juror during deliberations. She published a book with several other jurors about their experience during the 2004 trial.

Peterson’s lawyers argued that Nice worked hard to get on the jury. Even though her employer would not pay her for the duration of the months-long trial, she said she was willing to serve.

All the potential jurors were asked whether they had ever been a victim of a crime or involved in a lawsuit. Nice said no to both questions.

In fact, Peterson’s lawyers said, in 2000 Nice was 4½ months pregnant when she was threatened by her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend.

Nice filed a lawsuit to obtain a restraining order against the woman, saying she feared for her unborn child. The attacker was tried based on Nice’s charges, convicted and sentenced to a week in jail, according to Peterson’s lawyers.

Peterson’s lawyers said Nice also was one of two holdouts for convicting Peterson of first-degree murder for killing his unborn child. The jury convicted Peterson of the first-degree murder of Laci and the second-degree murder of the fetus.

DAWG SAYS: NOW WATCH NANCY “THE KAREN” GRACE GET SO SELF RIGHTEOUS AGAIN. (HER COMFORT ZONE)


CAMARO STOLEN 32 YRS AGO RECOVERED

CAMARO STOLEN 32 YRS AGO RECOVERED

1987 Chevy Camaro reported stolen 32 years ago Recovered in Indiana reservoir

INDIANAPOLIS – Apparently, everything from the ’80s does eventually make a comeback.

On Monday afternoon, an Indiana fisherman searching for a bite on Geist Reservoir roughly 20 miles outside of Indianapolis found a 1987 Chevrolet Camaro reported stolen more than 30 years ago.

According to the Fishers Police Department, the fisherman used sonar to find the retro ride upside down in several feet of silt.

The original stolen vehicle report was filed in July of 1988, police said. The muscle car was pulled from the water with the assistance of a towing service.

“Sadly the owner is now deceased and never was able to find out what happened to their car,” Fishers police said in a Facebook post shared Tuesday afternoon.

“It is hard to imagine the vehicle sat underwater over thirty years undetected. #hideandseekchampion #teamwork.”


CAMARO STOLEN 32 YRS AGO RECOVERED UNDER WATER

DAWG SAYS: THERE IS NO TRUTH TO THE RUMOR THE CARS WAS STOLEN IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA