These 10 Crazy Laws In Northern California Will Leave You Scratching Your Head In Wonder
Most people outside of Northern California probably have no idea that we have a full-time legislature here. That means we have people working in Sacramento to pass more laws than the rest of them. For instance, in 2015 alone, there were over 900 new laws that came in on the scene. Well, we thought it would be fun to share a few bizarre laws that are still in effect in this part of the state that will leave you scratching your head! Here are some of our favorite weird laws in Northern California:
1. A man can’t go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
If mismatched jacket and pants are illegal, then this might just be a felony.
2. One must obtain a permit from the city to throw hay in a cesspool.
Whew, so glad they’ve tackled the big issues in our neighborhood.
3. Bowling on the sidewalk is illegal.
As it should be…
4. Women may not wear high heels while in the city limits.
Have any idea which city passed this law? I’ll give you a hint: it’s a city that a few of you don’t believe is in Northern California–but it is!
5. It is illegal to own a green or smelly animal hide.
We totally agree!
6. Persons may not sleep on a road.
Clearly, this town must not understand college students.
7. Driving a herd of cattle down a street is against the law.
8. It is illegal to plant a garden in any public street.
Medicinal marijuana may just be exempt. But, we’re just spitballing here.
9. Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.
So much for the coolest fireworks ever.
10. Men who wear moustaches are forbidden from kissing women.
What about women with mustaches?