Seniors Stoned In Pot Brownie Mishap

Woman, 73, was unaware THC in baked goods

A group of senior citizens unknowingly consumed pot brownies that were brought to a community center card game by a 73-year-old South Dakota woman who was unaware that her son had prepared the baked goods with THC butter, cops report.

According to a probable cause affidavit, police dispatchers last Tuesday received several calls reporting “possible poisonings” of individuals who were “at the Tabor Community Center earlier for a card game.” Tabor (pop. 423) is a town about 85 miles southwest of Sioux Falls.

“An investigation into the incident lead me to believe that the patients were all under the influence of THC from a batch of brownies that were brought to the Community Center by Irene Koranda,” reported Deputy Sheriff Joel Neuman.

A couple who had been at the weekly Tuesday night card game told police that “after several people had eaten the brownies including themselves,” they learned that Koranda’s son “had made the brownies and had been in Colorado over the past weekend and brought back products with marijuana.”


DONATE

NO ADVERTISING ON DAWGS BLOG- PAID FOR BY DONATIONS

$10.00